Barn Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bareback pad or not?

+2
Nicker
Jess
6 posters

Go down

Bareback pad or not? Empty Bareback pad or not?

Post  Jess Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 pm

I dont kno wwhether i should use a bareback pad or not. its not like my horse is uncomfortable to ride, i just dont want to hurt his back!

Jess
New user

Back to top Go down

Bareback pad or not? Empty Re: Bareback pad or not?

Post  Nicker Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:03 am

I prefer riding bareback bareback, without a saddle pad! You wont hurt your horses back ! Bareback riding is a blast! You can feel your horses movement so much better! Does your horse know how to bareback?
Nicker
Nicker
Admin

https://barntalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:10 am

Yeah, he knows how and everything, its just that he's built kinda funny...he's really narrow and small. I rode bareback a while ago and the only problem we had was at the trot. i might try with a bareback pad next time! Very Happy
~Jess~ jocolor

Jess
New user

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinnamon Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 am

It really depends how comfortable you are bareback, what your horses gaits are like, and the shape of your horses back. If your horse is like a couch than you really shouldnt need one but if you have a horse with a not so wide back than you should probably use a bareback pad (:

Sinnamon
New user

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse'sGirl Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:19 pm

I prefer bareback, actually bareback, no pad or anything. In my opinion, bareback helps your seat and legs, and the pad really doesn't do anything for you. Bareback is called bareback for a reason.
Jesse'sGirl
Jesse'sGirl
New user

http://thenewtrue.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wishingwell7 Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:49 pm

I LOVE bareback when we're just having fun in or out of the ring! You get to know your horse's movement SO much better! I do english but, when I'm just having fun I just hop on and go. Sometimes I use a bareback pad if like, she's wet or something but, a lot of the time I just go stright bareback. It won't hurt your horses back. Then you can trot, canter and jump bareback and it's SO fun!! Very Happy

wishingwell7
New user

Back to top Go down

Bareback pad or not? Empty Bareback

Post  EllieLovesPayday; Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:03 am

I think that if your horse is perfectly comfortable without a bareback pad than there is really no need in having one Very Happy 

-Ellie

EllieLovesPayday;
New user

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down